Hi guys! Yesterday I decided to straighten my hair and thought why not film myself doing it 🙂 It’s been 4 months since I released my last YouTube video but I finally managed to find some time (kind of) to get my camera out press ‘record’. I hope you enjoy it and as always, if you have any questions do ask.
- Wash and Deep Condition my hair
- Apply heat protector serum to my hair and blow-dry it straight
- Spray a heat protector to my hair
- Divide my hair into two halves, putting one half up in a hairband
- Focusing on the one half of my hair that is down, I go ahead and tdivide that section into ever smaller sections (starting from the back) and put the remaining hair up so it doesn’t get in the way
- Take a small section and hold the hair in between the fingers a few inches away from the root
- Using your straightener, go over the root several times to make sure you’ve gotten rid of any waves, curls or frizz
- Slowly run the comb through your hair followed closely by the hair straightener
- Slow down when you reach the ends of your hair to make sure that you don’t end up with frizzy ends.
- Repeat steps 5-8 throughout the rest of your hair
- Straighten your edges as close as possible to get rid of any fly away hair strands
- Style and go!
What products do you use to protect your hair from heat damage?