Are the grey winter months taking their toll on your lips? Are they feeling flaky and unloved? Well I have the perfect solution to fix your pout. Here you can learn how to make an all natural, DIY lip scrub that will leave your lips luscious, soft, and smooth. And it only takes three store cupboard ingredients! You can even make it in larger batches and use it over your entire body.
You Will Need:
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil – To Moisturise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice – To Brighten
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar – To Exfoliate
- Frying Pan
- Small Bowl
- Small Container (for the finished product)
- Begin by melting the coconut oil on a low heat until it has turned to liquid
- Pour the melted coconut oil and brown suger into a small bowl and mix with a teaspoon
- Add the lemon juice into the mixture and continue to stir until half of the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the contents into your small container and store in the fridge until it has set
Were done! Once your mixture has solidified, you can begin to use your home-made lip scrub!
We recommend: DIY | How To Recycle Old Lipstick
How To Use Your Lip Scrub
- Dip your finger into the scrub and use small circular motions to gently exfoliate the lips. The coconut oil should leave it feeling soft and supple.
- After exfoliating, remove the excess mixture with a flannel soaked in warm water. Alternatively just lick it off!
- Finish off by using your favorite lip balm to protect them from drying out.
Advice & Tips
- Store your homemade lip scrub in the fridge to prevent the oil from going off.
- To plump up your pout, add a drop of peppermint oil or a pinch of chilli.
- For something a little more indulgent, add a pinch of coffee.
- To give your home-made lip scrub a scent, try adding a drop of vanilla essence.