If you’ve got an old lipstick that you no longer use then don’t throw it away. Instead, use this simple makeup advice to bring your lipstick back to life. You only need a few ingredients and about 10 minutes to complete the process (excluding setting time).
What You’ll Need
- An old lipstick (you can mix two or more colours together if you like)
- A container for the finished product (I chose an old foundation case)
- Petroleum Jelly, aka Vaseline (optional)
- Metal tablespoon or measuring cup
- Fire – Gas oven or Lighter
- Cut off or scoop out the lipstick that you want to use and put it onto your metal spoon, or into your measuring cup. If you are using quite a bit, then I would recommend using a measuring cup to ensure the liquized product doesn’t spill over.
- Light your fire and place your spoon/cup over it until the heat melts all of the lipstick.
- Use your toothpick to stir the melted lipstick. If you have mixed two or more colours together, make sure you mix it enough so it blends really well.
- Add petroleum jelly into the mix (the more you add, the softer and glossier your new lipstick/gloss will be)
- Poor your liquid lipstick into your chosen container and leave it to set. Tip: Putting your new lipstick in the fridge will help it to set quicker. Wait 30-60mins before checking if it’s ready to use.
We’re done! 5 easy steps on how you can recycle your old lipsticks. How did you get one? Do you have any DIY tips of your own that you could share with us? We would love to try them so be sure to leave it in the comments below 🙂