Want perfectly sculpted eyebrows without having to spend a fortune on threading, plucking, waxing and tinting?
In this weeks article we will be taking you on a journey to acheive a gorgeous, full set of brows without the salon price tag. Cara Delevingne – eat your heart out!
What You’ll Need:
The Benefit Kit is great because it includes everything you need- eyebrow brush, tweezers, brow wax and powder. It comes in 3 shades; light, medium and deep.
Tip: Choose the colour best suited to your natural hair colour.
Total Cost: £45.99
The Sleek Makeup Brow Kit is very similar to the Benefit Brow Kit and actually comes in a wider range of shades, for a third of the price!
TIp: For best results, I would recommend separately buying a long handled brow brush; as you will see below, we use the brush to measure your brows and to acheive that symmetrical look, and although both brow kits do come with a brush, it wont be long enough to use for measuring the dimensions of your face.
Total Cost: £25.43
Now you have the ingredients, let’s create that perfect look!
1. Using your angled brow brush, measure and mark where the hair at the inner point of your brow starts. You can play around with this depending on how thick you want your brow, but try to stick to the natural shape and line of your brow.
2. Looking straight forward, hold your brush against the side of your nostril and line it up against the outside of your iris (the coloured part of your eye) and make a small mark. Where the tip of the brush hits your brow, this is where your arch should sit.
4. Dab your brush in your wax and then into the shadow, then, using light, upward strokes, begin to fill your brow from the centre of your face to the arch point. This should be the thickest point, subtly tapering out towards the arch. You want to be creating tiny hairs with your strokes, not colouring them in a block shape.
5. Pointing your angled brush downwards, fill the top line of your brow – Keep the line straight until you reach the mark you made at the arch. Your brow SHOULD NOT curve until this point!
6. Now you have reached the arch, still using gentle brush strokes, begin to define the tail end of your brow. You may need to fill in the gaps here if you have created a new arch, keep dipping your brush in the wax as this will help the powder stick to the hairs you do have.
7. Finally, fill in the underneath of your arch, connecting the tail end to the inner section. Using your powder, go over the line on the underside of your brow just to really strengthen and define the shape you have created.
8. Using your brow mascara, brush through your brows and seal them into place! This will also help to define your hairs and keep the brow looking full, but still natural.
So here we have the finished look! A good set of eyebrows are so important and can totally alter your face and eye shape if you just know how to sculpt them!
If you have unfortunatley been a victim of the plucking monster and your brows currently don’t hold much of a natural shape, use this technique every day whilst you go cold turkey (yes, hide those tweezers!) Only pluck any strays that grow away from your brow line, thus creating your own stencil for the perfect set of brows!
TOP TIP: NEVER, EVER, EVER pluck from above your brows! Unless you have some sort of mutant hairy eyebrow hairline situation going on, you shouldn’t need to! “What if I do?” Drop me a comment below and I will give you some advice on how to maintain those pesky stray hairs!
Enjoyed these tips and tricks? Have a make up or beauty related question you’d like to ask Laura? Let us know in your comments below.